====== Assets ======
Doomsday 2 manages resources as [[assets]]. In practice, an asset is comprised of [[Doomsday Scri... a [[fs:package]].
Before you start working with assets, you should have a good understanding of how [[fs:packages]] work in Doomsday 2.
===== Assets by type =====
^ Identifier ^ Name |
==== Assets ====
Packages may contain any kind of files and... he package contains something it can use (an //[[:assets|asset]]//), it has to defined in the metadata of the package. For example, an asset could be a [[assets:model|3D model]] that the renderer would use to represent a thing of a particular type.
Package assets are a generic mechanism in the sense that it buil
y that future versions of Doomsday will bring.
**Assets.** With the objective of formalizing resource man... t, a new internal concept has been introduced. [[:Assets]] are sets of resources for a specific purpose, f... e a 3D model for a particular lamp in Doom 2. All assets are described in package metadata using the [[mod... e files in the package should be used at runtime. Assets are uniquely identified, so information about whi
e managing engine configuration and controlling [[assets:model#timelines|3D model asset animation]]. Dooms... following:
* **Animating 3D models:**
* [[assets:scripting_with_stateanimator|Initializing the animator of a thing (onInit)]]
* [[assets:scripting_with_stateanimator|When receiving damage or when the thing state changes]]
* [[assets:model#timelines|At specific points in time]]
====== 3D model assets ======
This page is about 3D model assets that can be rendered in the game world using the [[modding:GL2... ns with "model.", it won't be confused with model assets because shader definitions are always read from t... shader objects. In other words, shaders and model assets exist in different namespaces.</note>
The GL2 model renderer is the primary user of [[assets:model|3D model assets]]. Whenever a [[assets:model|model asset]] is present in a loaded [[fs:package]], the model renderer load... yer weapons (psprites) use the ''model.weapon.*'' assets.
* //TODO//: other kinds of model assets, e.g.
edom to load this asset separately from any other assets that you provide.
Common resources needed by many assets, for example texture images, can be placed into a... ages =====
When you have a larger collection of assets it will become cumbersome for the user to load ea
e of bug fixes:
* 3D models that use the new [[assets:model|.pack format and modern shaders]] were part... ances.
* Player 3D weapon models that use the [[assets:model|new .pack format]] are now more consistentl
rer and relies on Doomsday 2 [[:packages]] and [[:assets]]. Supports skeletal animation.
* The new mode... e [[:doomsday_2_package_format]] for packaging [[:assets]].
* Added ''TitleImage'' property to [[:map_i