ies = 0
server-name = "Example's deathmatch game"
server-password = ""
server-player-limit = 6
server-public = 1
net-dev = 0
net-ip-address = ""
net-ip-port = 13209
==== On the desktop ====
The best way to run a server on your desktop is to use the [[shell]]. You can
that everyone can see it.
; Shell password
: Password for opening a Shell connection to the server. This is only for admin use — clients joining the... onsole_command_line_and_log_messages|Console]]:
Defining a password is mandatory for public servers; otherwise malicious users could log in via t
public so that everyone can see it.
* **Shell password:** Password for opening a Shell connection to the server. Clients connecting to the server to join the game do not need to know this password.
* **Runtime folder:** Folder where the server ... onsole_command_line_and_log_messages|Console]]:
Defining a password is mandatory for public servers; otherwise malicious users could
r]]s (that are listed on the [[multiplayer:master_server]]) are now required to have a [[multiplayer:shell_password]].
* Consolidated the materials system to incl... [doomsday-shell]] (GUI/text), separate [[doomsday-server]], add server.pro, moved m_bams, text and math utils (m_misc) and Win32-style findfile to libdeng1
* [... the [[shell]] and client
* [[gui_for_dedicated_server]]: the [[shell]] is now part of the distribution
athkings: game starts in regular Hexen Map01
* server needs to send material Id dictionary to clients ... prites scaled to dimensions of iwad original
* server should send state/mobjtype dictionary to clients ... found from .pk3
*  regression: dedicated server resource access failures [loads fonts; fails to f... during game endings
*  regression: HacX: Password map object is broken [state lookup logic mismatch