senting things (model.thing.*) =====
path = "possessed.md5mesh"
This asset definition should be understood as "3D modelasset to be used for representing [[ded:thing]]s ... layer weapons (model.weapon.*) =====
path = "wand.md5mesh"
This asset is for a player weapon model that will be drawn instead of a 2D psprite. The w
he map can be represented by a 3D model.
* **3D modelasset.** An asset definition in the Info file of a package. Specifi... ce. This allows many objects to share the same 3D modelasset but each still have their unique animation state.... ed, its initial state is set up as defined in the modelasset.
* **ModelLoader.** The model loader ensures that the 3D modelasset is in memory when it is needed. It also reads the asset definitions and
d in the metadata of the package. For example, an asset could be a [[assets:model|3D model]] that the renderer would use to represent a thin... fined in the package metadata. For instance, a 3D modelasset definition could look like this:
path = "boblampclean.md5mesh"
The Info block type ''asset'' must be used when defining an asset. The asset identifier (''model.thing.possessed'') is used to declare what kind o
L2 model renderer is the primary user of [[assets:model|3D model assets]]. Whenever a [[assets:model|modelasset]] is present in a loaded [[fs:package]], the mode... objs) can be represented using 3D models with a ''model.thing.*'' asset.
* Player weapons (psprites) use the ''model.w... ==== Features =====
==== Version 1.15 ====
* Model files are loaded using the [[http://assimp.sourceforge.net|Open Asset Import Library]]. This means a variety of differe... ng.
* There can be 4 types of texture maps per model mesh:
* Diffuse map: surface color and overa
===== Packaging an asset =====
Every asset, for example a 3D model for a barrel, should be packaged into its own [[f...
ing engine configuration and controlling [[assets:model#timelines|3D modelasset animation]]. Doomsday Script is not a compiled la... or when the thing state changes]]
* [[assets:model#timelines|At specific points in time]]
====== Supported 3D model formats ======
This article describes the 3D model formats supported by [[gl2_model_renderer|Doomsday 2]].
Other s... he [[http://assimp.sourceforge.net/main_features_formats.html|Open Asset Import Library]] documentation.
model_asset.txt · Last modified: 2017-03-13 15:20 (external edit)