This articles contains a number of [[ded:generator|particle generator definition]] examples.
(The syntax of these DED examples is not the most exemplary. The Stages in par... readable.)
===== Lost Soul flames =====
This generator is used to create the effect of flames for the Lo... 0 particles for each.
Furthermore because of the generator limit (256 active generators) I have used the mob
====== Generator (DED) ======
In Doomsday all particle effects are controlled by the particle subsystem. The par... gger" the generators to be spawned when needed. A generator must have a source to be able to create new particles. If the source of a generator is destroyed before the generator dies, the only result will be that no new particles are created. Any exist
image, //.lmp// file).
* Definition files (//.ded//).
* Containers (//.wad//, //.pk3//).
[[ht... e subdirectories of the //auto// directory.
All DED files placed in the //defs/<game>/auto/// directo... P/LMP/WAD are mapped to //data/<game>/auto/// and DED goes to //defs/<game>/auto///. For example, placing //test.ded// into the root of a PK3 has the same end result
====== DED flags reference ======
This page is a complete listing of all Doomsday flags usable in DED definitions.
Note that Doomsday Engine plugins (... their own purposes, which are also accessible via DED. Consult the documentation of the plugin for furt... Generators =====
==== static ====
(Value = 1) Generator will not be removed until it times out. Otherwise
D models]] can be used as particles in a particle generator. There are two things that need to be done. In the [[ded:generator|particle generator definition]], set th... he following ID:
<code>ID = "Particle13";
===== See also =====
* [[ded:Generator]] definition
* Fixed: [[ded]] parser would output a warning message about unk...
* Fixed: "Failing to read more than one loose ded" (http://sourceforge.net/tracker2/index.php?func=... ==== Engine ====
* Added: [[cvar]] [[rend-dev-generator-show-indices]] Display particle generator origin indices (for debug). Note that type-triggered and plane-tri
removed fixed limit on the number of [[particle_generator]] stages
* fixed: minor memory leaks concernin... tring containing a comment about this flag
* [[ded]] reader: the "Copy"/"*" directive (used to initi... print a list of the mobj ids + names (if set via DED) to the console.