/auto// directories will also be loaded.
===== Virtualdirectorymapping =====
Virtualdirectorymapping allows you to make the contents of one directory appear inside another directory at runtime. For example, you could have a directory called... e as though it was an auto-loading directory.
A virtualdirectorymapping is defined using the ''[[-vdmap]]'' option. It ta... m\Auto"''
You can define an unlimited number of virtualdirectory mappings using multiple ''[[-vdmap]]'' options.
"shortcuts" that can be used to simplify the [[fs:virtualdirectory stucture]] within a PK3. These automatic mappings... ally relocated root files are mapped to the same (virtual) directory appropriate for that class of resource. For examp... fx/ (1.9.7+)
===== Manual "Auto" directorymapping =====
It is also possible to request the mappin... a directory in the root of a PK3.
^ Prefix^ ^ VirtualDirectory |
| # (hash)| ⇒| data/[[:game_component|<gamecomp
====== Virtualdirectorymapping ======
[[version:1.9.0]] introduces //virtualdirectory mappings// (abbrev. VDM), which all... ve as though it was an auto-loading
A virtualdirectorymapping is defined using the //-vdmap// option.
It takes ... o"
You can define an unlimited number of virtualdirectory mappings using
multiple //-vdmap// options.
Note... map// only affects real files. It does not
affect virtual files in [[pk3]]s or anywhere else. The virtualdirectory
mappings are tried when all other methods of find
* [[vdmap_option_]]: map files in one directory to another directory ([[virtual_directory_mapping]])
* [[automatic_file_mapping_in_pk3]]: files in 'keyword-named' folders in the [[root_of_a_pk3]] mappe... tories
* subdirectory "Auto" of the [[runtime_directory]] mapped automatically to both "Defs/<Game>/Auto"... or used when determining sector to [[light_grid]] mapping. Larger values increase accuracy at the expense o
o create a texture resource [[pwad]] for use when mapping that takes advantage of the [[doomsday]] engine's...
This guide also uses the terms **folder** and **directory**. Normally, these two terms are synonymous and c... PNG file we name **TUT_01** in the jDoom textures directory.
Let's get a PNG file ready to go. The canvas si... files is so that you can release the file with a virtual folder structure so you don't require the end use
that you want to load you can use the -vdmap or [[virtual_directory_mapping]] to load your addons. to do this useing the RSP file add -vdmap "directory of addons" "directory of auto load folder" an example of this would be -vdmap **//"F:\DDayaddons\Doom\PK3" "
* unlimited nesting of [[autoload]]s via Auto directory and [[virtual_file]]s
===== New features =====
* "Flats"... aults to "Data/Game/Flats/"
* [[automatic_file_mapping_in_pk3]]: files in the root of a [[pk3]] mapped t