====== Sound (DED) ======
A **Sound** definition is used to define the presence and in-game playback characteristics of a sound effect sample.
===== Core Concepts =====
====... ferences ====
A reference is used to link actual sound data samples to a //Sound// definition. Only one
ounds is a heavy operation.</note>
: Volume of //Sound// [0..1].
; Hit Sound
: ID of the sound to pl... se carefully as starting a lot of sounds is a heavy operation.</note>
; Hit Volume
: Volume of //Hit sound// [0..1].
] definition with the given ID.
; ''SoundAt'' (sound-id) (volume)
: Play a sound at the specified volume. The volume must be between zero and one, one being the maximum.
; ''SeeSound'' (thing-type)
: Play the "see" sound of the given thing. There must be a [[:thing]] de... ; ''DieSound'' (thing-type)
: Play the "death" sound of the given thing. There must be a [[:thing]] de
== dsDirectSound ====
* Linear to logarithmic sound effect volume translation resulted in no audible sound if 3D sound positioning was enabled and the sound effects volume control was lower than maximum.
===== Changes =====
* Hexen: pottery explode sound gets a channel but doesn't play [sf_dontstop]
*... marker not smoothed/angle not updated
* Doom: sound effect missing for screen resize
* intermissio... and excessive volumes; efficient test for a full volume
* mobj <-> polyobj collisions thrust mobj at a
the audio characteristics used to generate the 3D sound stage.
Presently the engine predefines the follo... ironments:
^ Id ^ Reverb Characteristics |||
| | Volume Mul| Decay Mul| Damping Mul |
^ Metal | 100%| 100