that takes advantage of the [[doomsday]] engine's highresolution (//hi-res//) texture features. The method presented here can be used f... rules that will apply in either case.
Here's the highresolutiontexture that I'm going to use in this example:
And that concludes this how-to on using custom, highresolution textures under Doomsday, with jDoom and how to construct a texture resource PWAD for use when building a map.
* To create a high-resolutiontexture for the wall texture STARTAN3 you'd place a TGA file named //STARTAN3.... /.
<blockquote>**Note:** The file names of the high-resolution textures must match the //texture// names, not the names of the patches that make u... ture that uses DOOR2_5.</blockquote>
To disable high-resolution textures use the command line option ''[[-nohight... his means the external resources must really be //high-resolution// versions of the original images. Otherwise the
ing to the original (un-translated) sprites.
* Highresolution textures/flats/patches/model skins not affected b... gin).
* Revised method for handling animated [[texture]]s and [[flat]]s to support the original DOOM eng...
* The lumps [[lump_pnames|PNAMES]] and [[lump_texture|TEXTURE1/2]] are no longer required.
==== DMU ====
* Runtime aliases for DMU properties have been re
xture being used. This enables having alternative texture maps (e.g., low and highresolution) and choosing one at package load time.
^ Mater... wrap the value within the range 0...1 (like a GL texture coordinate): <code>wrap <0, 1></code> |
| ''wrap.... ge atlas. This means there are no restrictions on texture sizes, i.e., they //do not// have to be powers of... 1000 textures will easily fit on an atlas of 2048x2048; however, only one 1024x1024 texture would fit.
* Incorrect world dimensions of sprites with high-resolutiontexture replacements.
* Broken "tall patch" compositio... to be skipped.
===== Doom =====
* Incorrect texture frames for the FIRELAV animation.
* Missing "b... cher: removed options for configuring the display resolution (now offered in the engine itself).
===== Platf... e default display mode is fullscreen with desktop resolution on Windows and Mac OS X, maximized window for Uni
* "Possible index-out-of-bounds (dgl_texture.c)". http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&... il&aid=2972763&group_id=74815&atid=542099
* GL texture filtering artefacts on the hanging vines in Pluto... d=74815&atid=542099
* Upon changing the custom resolution height in the control panel, the label shown on t... hey should be (with [[fakeradio]] enabled).
* "Texture name missing in Doom 2 MAP14 & MAP25". http://sou