, textures are created by combining one or more [[patch]]es. Patches are the actual graphic; the [[texture]] [[lump]]s are really just lists that define which patch or patches the engine needs to use to create the //composite// graphic (texture) that you see on the [[sidedef]]s (walls... ted by using an 8 bit (256 color or //paletted//) graphic; furthermore, you must quantize the image to the ... for you).
A texture can be created from just one patch, but interesting textures can be created by using
nel but doesn't play [sf_dontstop]
* Doom: Use Patch Replacement with the weapon slot indicators
* ... 6&group_id=74815&atid=542099
* Font kerning on Patch based fonts loaded using the "Upscale and Sharpen... drawing paramater text blocks as used with the [[:patch_replacement]] system, the "break" directive was i... UD displays).
* Removed the splitting of large Patch and Raw format graphics into two textures. Back w
====== Graphicpatch ======
Patches are images that are commonly used in game menus and intermission screens. Li... ation about offsets and the on-screen size of the patch. This means the image from the external resource ... solution: it will be scaled to match the original patch.
Currently external patch resources are not precached, which may cause slight delays when the patches a
====== Version 1.9.0-beta6.3 ======
Third patch release for Beta 6.
#@Release_HTML~2009-06-08,1.... oring, debug aids to [[in_fine]]. If a referenced graphic is missing, it will now be reported in the consol... script will continue to play (objects using said graphic will be drawn without a texture).
* Added soun...
* Use the original STCFN* lumps for the small graphic font (desaturate and amplify at load time). Remov
==== jDoom ====
* Graphicpatch for five character '5' instead of that for a six ... tched" by a later definition), patching via a DEH patch did not work as expected (should take precedence)
al error attempting to play add-ons using invalid Patch lumps to hide sprites.
* Categorization of "ad... el's skin is not found, automatically looks for a graphic named similarly to and in the same directory as t... * Addressed inefficiencies related to per-frame Patch Replacement lookup.
===== Platform-specific cha
The term 'texture' in Doomsday refers to **any** graphic resource which has been loaded for use as an in-game texture. Graphics composited from several [[patch]]s according to TEXTURE1/2 definitions are a type