om wads. Lights can be attached to surfaces using Decoration definitions, however this has a potential draw back in that every time you use a texture with a Decoration you'll get a light whether you wanted one or not.... e you are already familar with creating and using DED files and how to load them in Doomsday.
The tech... ===
First thing we need to do is create our new DED file.
* Create a new DED file called LightThi
====== Decoration (DED) ======
Light decorations for surfaces.
You can define multiple Decorations for the same t... ed. By default (if you
specify no usage flags), a Decoration is only used with resources loaded
from an IWAD.
... tions, as well.
===== Syntax =====
# If "Copy" is found all the data of the ... re = ""
# Name of the texture with which this decoration is used.
Flat = ""
# Name of the flat
hes and other visual artifacts.
* Redesigned [[decoration]]s subsystem.
* Decoration origins are now plotted using a new three dimensional approach regardless of ... Potentially allows for any object to be used as a decoration.
* Added lightlevel range limits to [[decoration]] definitions.
* Decoration origins for the curren
====== DED flags reference ======
This page is a complete listing of all Doomsday flags usable in DED definitions.
Note that Doomsday Engine plugins (... their own purposes, which are also accessible via DED. Consult the documentation of the plugin for furt... corations =====
==== noiwad ====
(Value = 0x1) Decoration will not be used with IWAD resources.
===== Definitions =====
* [[decoration]]:Light:Flare texture is deprecated. Use "Flare m... ]] OR a [[built-in_flare_resource_number]]
* [[decoration]]:Light:Flare map: same as above for light [[decoration]]s.
* [[flag]]:Info: text string containing a comment about this flag
* [[ded]] reader: the "Copy"/"*" directive (used to initi
====== Light (DED) ======
A //Light// definition is used to attach a light and/or halo to a [[sprite]]... ure or flat please check the section on texture [[decoration]]s as the method used for that is slightly differ... state|State]] definitions can be found in Objects.ded so if you want to add a light to a [[modding:stat... e [[modding:state|State]] definition from Objects.ded, add it to your own ded and add 32768 to the fram
after Seven Portals).
* Hexen|[[:in_fine]]: [[ded:infine_script_reference#Commands|"If" conditions]... in [[:in_fine]] scripts.
* Hexen: Added values.ded, with [[:values]] defined for the amount of mana ... ks independently from layer stages (allowing each decoration to be animated with it's own timing).